PROCESS: 3D SOFTWARE
SPACECAM 3D CAM is a PC based system that will allow laser users to process 3D formed or stamped parts by drastically reducing the typical preparation time needed to cut a part. Automatic fixture creation is included in this process.
- Offline programming of 3D stampings or formed parts minimizes machine downtime required for programming as the machine tool itself is not required to have to teach the cutting program.
- Fixture generating software allows for maximum flexibility in 3D part support by providing an automatic fixture generation module in combination with full edit capability of the fixtures creating.
- 3D rendered simulation of the cutting sequence while simultaneously providing accurate interference detection of the machine operation.
- Fixture Generation – Allows for the creation of a 3D part support fixture that is dynamically nested and laser cut in 2D prior to assembly for maximum ease of creation and storage.
- Simulation Mode – Offers a highly accurate review of the cutting process to confirm all cutting head movements before the NC code generates.
- Change Point Function – Provides a user-friendly interaction with the head movements created for processing of the 3D part by allowing a graphical review in real-time of any position changes required. The feed-in parameter allows for seamless transitions of the cutting head for these datum points added.